A collection of templates and resources can be an invaluable asset for anyone working in cybersecurity. These resources may include incident response plans, security policies, risk assessments, and compliance checklists, among others. By using these templates and resources, cybersecurity professionals can save time and ensure that their work is based on industry best practices. Moreover, these resources can help standardize security practices across an organization, making it easier to maintain a consistent level of security. Overall, a well-curated collection of templates and resources can help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of cybersecurity efforts.
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework is a set of guidelines and best practices that organizations can use to manage and reduce cybersecurity risks. The framework consists of five core functions: Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, and Recover. The Identify function focuses on understanding and managing cybersecurity risks to systems, assets, data, and capabilities. The Protect function involves developing and implementing safeguards to ensure delivery of critical infrastructure services. The Detect function involves identifying the occurrence of a cybersecurity event, and the Respond function is about taking action to contain the impact of a cybersecurity incident. Finally, the Recover function is about restoring any capabilities that may have been impaired during a cybersecurity incident. By using the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, organizations can better manage cybersecurity risks, enhance cybersecurity resilience, and reduce the risk of cyberattacks.
- SANS Cybersecurity Policies is a collection of templates and resources that helps organizations to establish and implement effective cybersecurity policies. These policies are designed to provide a framework for the secure operation of an organization’s systems and networks, and to mitigate the risk of cyber threats. The SANS Cybersecurity Policies are based on industry best practices and are customizable to meet the specific needs of an organization. The policies cover a wide range of areas, including access control, incident response, data protection, and network security. By implementing these policies, organizations can ensure that they have a consistent approach to cybersecurity and are better equipped to prevent, detect, and respond to cyber attacks.
- Frequently Asked Questions provides guidance on the use of the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) cybersecurity framework. The NIST cybersecurity framework is a set of guidelines for organizations to manage and reduce cybersecurity risk. The FTC’s FAQs page offers information on how businesses can use the framework to create a comprehensive cybersecurity program. The page covers topics such as risk assessment, cybersecurity governance, and incident response. It also offers advice on how businesses can effectively communicate cybersecurity risks to their customers and clients. By following the guidelines set out in the NIST cybersecurity framework, businesses can improve their cybersecurity posture and reduce the risk of cyber attacks.
- NICE Framework Mapping Tool is a valuable resource for individuals and organizations in the cybersecurity field. It helps users understand and navigate the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Framework, which provides a comprehensive way to organize and describe the various aspects of cybersecurity work. By using the Mapping Tool, cybersecurity professionals can better understand their own skills and competencies, and identify areas where they may need further development. This tool also helps employers assess the skills of potential hires, and identify areas where their workforce may need additional training or resources. The NICE Framework Mapping Tool is an important resource for anyone looking to advance their career in cybersecurity or improve their organization’s cybersecurity workforce.
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Cyber-Planner is a tool designed to help small businesses create customized cybersecurity plans. With the increasing number of cyber threats targeting small businesses, it’s important for organizations to take proactive steps to protect their assets and sensitive information. The FCC Cyber-Planner provides a step-by-step process for identifying potential cyber risks, assessing their impact, and developing strategies to address them. By using this tool, small businesses can better understand their vulnerabilities and take steps to mitigate them, ultimately improving their overall cybersecurity posture.
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Cybersecurity Planning Guide provides businesses with a framework to assess their cybersecurity risks and develop a comprehensive cybersecurity strategy. This guide is an important resource for small businesses that may not have the resources to hire dedicated cybersecurity staff. It provides practical steps to secure networks, secure devices and data, and create an incident response plan. The FCC Cybersecurity Planning Guide is a useful tool to help businesses of all sizes protect themselves against cyber attacks and safeguard their sensitive information.
- Public Health Emergency Cyber Templates provide guidance and best practices for healthcare organizations to protect against cyber threats during public health emergencies such as pandemics or natural disasters. These templates help organizations to assess and manage risks, maintain continuity of operations, and protect patient information during emergencies. The templates provide specific guidelines on topics such as network security, remote access, and incident response planning. By implementing these templates, healthcare organizations can better prepare for and respond to cyber threats during public health emergencies.
- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Cyber Essentials is a guide that provides a set of basic cybersecurity measures for small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government agencies to help them improve their cybersecurity posture. The guide includes practical steps that organizations can take to enhance their cybersecurity resilience and protect against common cyber threats, such as phishing and malware attacks. CISA Cyber Essentials is a valuable resource for SMBs and government agencies looking to establish a strong foundation for their cybersecurity program, and it highlights the importance of incorporating cybersecurity into the culture of an organization.
- Cybersecurity Resource Roadmap is a comprehensive guide that provides a clear and structured approach to developing and implementing a cybersecurity strategy. This resource covers a wide range of topics, from risk assessment to incident response, and includes tools, templates, and best practices to help organizations improve their cybersecurity posture. Whether you are just starting out or looking to enhance your existing cybersecurity program, the Cybersecurity Resource Roadmap can help you identify areas for improvement and provide the guidance you need to achieve your goals. With cybersecurity threats on the rise, it is essential that organizations have a robust and effective cybersecurity strategy in place, and the Cybersecurity Resource Roadmap can help you get there.
- The National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) has developed a guide aimed at improving the cybersecurity of managed service providers (MSPs). This guide provides MSPs with a set of best practices and cybersecurity solutions that can be used to enhance their security posture. By implementing these practices and solutions, MSPs can better protect their clients and minimize the risk of cyber attacks. The guide also includes guidance on identifying and mitigating common cyber threats faced by MSPs, such as ransomware attacks and supply chain attacks. By following the recommendations outlined in the guide, MSPs can improve their overall cybersecurity and build a more secure business for themselves and their clients.
- Disaster Recovery Plan Template is an essential resource for businesses and organizations to ensure continuity in the event of a disaster or emergency. The template provides step-by-step guidance on how to create a comprehensive disaster recovery plan that includes everything from risk assessment and backup strategies to communication plans and crisis management. With the increasing threat of cyber attacks, natural disasters, and other unexpected events, having a robust disaster recovery plan is crucial to minimize downtime and ensure business continuity. The Micro Focus template offers a structured approach that can be customized to suit the specific needs of any organization, providing peace of mind that critical data and operations are protected in case of a disaster.
- Healthcare Policies and Procedures are free healthcare oriented information security policies and procedures that can help healthcare organizations improve their cybersecurity posture. These resources are designed to assist healthcare providers in meeting the regulatory requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Security Rule. The policies and procedures cover a variety of areas, such as access controls, risk management, incident response, and workforce security. By implementing these policies and procedures, healthcare organizations can better protect patient data and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of their systems and information. Additionally, these resources can serve as a valuable starting point for developing and customizing policies and procedures that are specific to an organization’s unique needs and risks.
- Understanding the NIST Cybersecurity Framework provides a framework for organizations to manage and reduce cybersecurity risk. However, understanding how to implement the framework can be daunting. That’s where the FTC’s guide, “Understanding the NIST Cybersecurity Framework” comes in. The guide offers a simplified explanation of the framework, along with practical advice for businesses of all sizes. By breaking down the framework into easy-to-understand terms and providing real-world examples, the guide can help organizations better protect themselves from cybersecurity threats.
- Incident Response (IR) Playbook is an essential resource for cybersecurity professionals. It provides a comprehensive guide for organizations to respond to cybersecurity incidents efficiently and effectively. The playbook is a collection of different scenarios that cybersecurity professionals may face in their work, and it provides detailed instructions on how to handle each situation. By following this playbook, cybersecurity teams can ensure that their incident response process is consistent and meets industry best practices. The IR playbook on GitLab.com is continually updated to ensure it remains current and relevant to the latest cybersecurity threats.