Social Engineering / OSINT
- Gophish – An Open-Source Phishing Framework.
- Maltego – Maltego is an open source intelligence and graphical link analysis tool for gathering and connecting information for investigative tasks. Maltego is a Java application that runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Social Engineering Toolkit (SET) – Social Engineering Toolkit (or SET) is an open-source, Python-driven toolkit aimed at penetration testing around social engineering. SET has various custom attack vectors that enable you to set up a believable attack in no time.
- Wifiphisher – Wifiphisher is a unique social engineering tool that automates phishing attacks on Wi-Fi networks to get the WPA/WPA2 passwords of a target user base. The tool can choose any nearby Wi-Fi access point, jam it (de-authenticate all users) and create a clone access point that doesn’t require a password to join.
- msfconsole – Metasploit Framework is a penetration testing tool that can help you identify, exploit and validate vulnerabilities. It delivers the content, tools and infrastructure to conduct extensive security auditing along with penetration testing.
- MSFPC – MSFPC is a user-friendly tool that makes it easy to create basic payloads. It helps users avoid the need to write long msfvenom commands to generate payloads. With this generator, you can create payloads with a minimum of one argument.
- Spyse – Spyse is an OSINT search engine that provides fresh data about the entire web. All the data is stored in its own DB for instant access and interconnected with each other for flexible search. Provided data: IPv4 hosts, sub/domains/whois, ports/banners/protocols, technologies, OS, AS, wide SSL/TLS DB and more.
- Mitaka – Available as a Chrome extension and Firefox add-on, Mitaka lets you search over six dozen search engines for IP addresses, domains, URLs, hashes, ASNs, Bitcoin wallet addresses, and various indicators of compromise (IOCs) from your web browser.
- Spiderfoot – It is a free OSINT reconnaissance tool that integrates with multiple data sources to gather and analyze IP addresses, CIDR ranges, domains and subdomains, ASNs, email addresses, phone numbers, names, and usernames, BTC addresses.
- BuiltWith – lets you find what popular websites are built with. Different tech stacks and platforms power different sites. BuiltWith can, for example, detect whether a website is using WordPress, Joomla, or Drupal as its CMS and provide further details.
- Intelligence X – is a first-of-its-kind archival service and search engine that preserves not only historic versions of web pages but also entire leaked data sets that are otherwise removed from the web due to the objectionable nature of content or legal reasons.
- Shodan – is a dedicated search engine used to find intelligence about devices like the billions that make up the internet of things (IoT) that are not often searchable, but happen to be everywhere these days.
- Metagoofil – Another freely available tool on GitHub, Metagoofil is optimized to extract metadata from public documents. Metagoofil can investigate almost any kind of document that it can reach through public channels including .pfd, .doc, .ppt, .xls and many others.
- OSINT Framework – It offers a web-based interface that breaks down different topic areas of interest to OSINT researchers and connects you to the tools that can help you sniff out the info you need.
- publicwww.com – A search engine for website source code. Very useful when you have an ID from a website, and want to see which other sites it appears on.