Organizations dedicated to improving the security and resilience of critical infrastructure systems and networks play a crucial role in ensuring the stability and security of the nation’s most critical systems and networks. These organizations work to identify potential threats, vulnerabilities, and risks to critical infrastructure systems and develop strategies and best practices for securing and protecting these systems. They also collaborate with government agencies, industry stakeholders, and academic institutions to promote the development and implementation of effective security measures and to enhance the overall cybersecurity posture of critical infrastructure systems and networks. By improving the security and resilience of critical infrastructure systems, these organizations help to mitigate the impact of cyber attacks and other security incidents, and promote the reliability and stability of essential services and systems.
- CIS Centor for Internet Security (CIS) is a non-profit entity that focuses on safeguarding private and public organizations against cyber threats. CIS harnesses the power of a global IT community to develop and implement best practices and standards for securing information technology systems. This organization offers a range of services, including security assessments, training, and certification programs, to help organizations strengthen their cybersecurity posture. By working with government agencies, industry stakeholders, and academic institutions, CIS aims to promote a more secure and stable digital environment for all.
- CVE – Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures is a comprehensive list of publicly known cybersecurity vulnerabilities. The list includes an identification number, a description, and at least one public reference for each vulnerability. The CVE list is maintained by the MITRE Corporation and is recognized as an industry standard for vulnerability reporting. It provides organizations with a centralized and publicly accessible resource for understanding the nature and scope of cybersecurity threats.
- No More Ransomware is a platform dedicated to helping individuals and organizations who have fallen victim to ransomware attacks. The platform offers free decryption tools and guidance to help users unlock their encrypted data without paying the attackers. It also provides information on how to prevent and protect against future ransomware attacks.
- Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a worldwide not-for-profit charitable organization focused on improving the security of software. The organization provides a range of resources, including training, tools, and best practices, to help organizations enhance the security of their web applications. OWASP also conducts research and advocates for the adoption of secure coding standards and practices. With a large and active community of volunteers and supporters, OWASP is a leading voice in the cybersecurity industry.
- Zero Day Initiative (ZDI) is a leading provider of vulnerability research and threat intelligence. The organization works with security researchers and vendors to identify and report vulnerabilities in software and hardware. ZDI operates a responsible disclosure program and provides organizations with detailed information on vulnerabilities and the impact they may have. The organization also offers a range of products and services to help organizations improve their vulnerability management programs.
- Portswigger is a provider of security tools and services for web application security testing and scanning. The company offers a range of products, including Burp Suite, which provides advanced security testing and scanning capabilities for web applications. Portswigger’s tools help organizations identify and address vulnerabilities in their web applications, allowing them to improve their overall security posture.
- Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority brought to you by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG). The organization provides free digital certificates to secure websites and web applications, helping organizations to secure their online presence and protect their users. Let’s Encrypt makes it easy for organizations to adopt SSL/TLS encryption, regardless of their size or technical expertise. By promoting the adoption of encryption, Let’s Encrypt helps to make the web a safer place for all.