- Rudder – Rudder is an easy to use, web-driven, role-based solution for IT Infrastructure Automation & Compliance. Automate common system administration tasks (installation, configuration); Enforce configuration over time (configuring once is good, ensuring that configuration is valid and automatically fixing it is better); Inventory of all managed nodes; Web interface to configure and manage nodes and their configuration; Compliance reporting, by configuration and/or by node.
- Ansible – “Ansible is a radically simple IT automation platform that makes your applications and systems easier to deploy. Avoid writing scripts or custom code to deploy and update your applications—automate in a language that approaches plain English, using SSH, with no agents to install on remote systems.
- CFEngine – CFEngine 3 is a popular open source configuration management system. Its primary function is to provide automated configuration and maintenance of large-scale computer systems.
- Chef – A systems integration framework, built to bring the benefits of configuration management to your entire infrastructure.
- Puppet – an automated administrative engine for your Linux, Unix, and Windows systems, performs administrative tasks (such as adding users, installing packages, and updating server configurations) based on a centralized specification.