ONLINE RESOURCES THAT THE PROS USE
Please find below a collection of tools that we use on a day to day basis to secure our environments from daily threats. Mostly free tools that help us and our users feel secure online. Ultimately though, always remember that the first line of defense is YOU… the HUMAN FIREWALL.
- Let’s Encrypt – Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority brought to you by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG). ISRG is a California public …
- URLVOID – This service helps you to identify websites involved in malware incidents, fraudulent activities, fake shopping sites, phishing websites.
- IPVOID – The usage is very simple, just insert the IP address in the form below and press the button.
- Central Ops – Free online network tools
- Websense CSI – CSI ACE Insight is a tool for assessing the current state and risk level of a web link or IP address.
- LongURL – Avoid phishing, malware, and viruses by examining short URLs before visiting them. Find out where links really take you.
- VirusTotal – VirusTotal is a free service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware detected by the antivirus industry.
- Threat Expert – ThreatExpert is an advanced automated threat analysis system designed to analyze and report the behavior of computer viruses, worms, trojans, adware, spyware, and other security-related risks in a fully automated mode.
- viCheck.ca – This utility queries our own database, VirusTotal.com, TheatExpert.com, and Team-CYMRU for known malware hashes and links to analysis reports.
- SANS Hash Database – This page will search your for a hash in the NIST National Software reference Library for files matching your hash
- NMAP – Nmap (“Network Mapper”) is a free and open source utility for network discovery and security auditing.
- Nessus – The versatile Nessus® vulnerability scanner provides patch, configuration, and compliance auditing; mobile, malware, and botnet discovery; sensitive data identification; and many other features.
- WireShark – Wireshark is the world’s foremost network protocol analyzer. It lets you see what’s happening on your network at a microscopic level. It is the de facto (and often de jure) standard across many industries and educational institutions.
BROWSERS AND EXTENSIONS
- Adblock – Adblock Plus blocks annoying ads on the web. It can block other things, like tracking, as well.
- WOT (Web of Trust) – Add WOT to your browser to protect yourself from online threats that anti-virus software can’t spot.
- Chrome Browser – Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web.
- Firefox Browser – Bringing together all kinds of awesomeness to make browsing better for you.
- NoScript for Firefox – The NoScript Firefox extension provides extra protection for Firefox, Seamonkey and other mozilla-based browsers.
- ScriptSafe for Chrome – ScriptSafe is a Chrome add on where you can feel safe in browsing the internet in a secure and private way
THIRD-PARTY LINKS, SITES AND SERVICES
We do not endorse or assume any responsibility for these third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you or your users access any third-party website, service, or content from Secure Cyber Solution, you do so at your own risk. You also agree that Secure Cyber Solution will have no liability arising from your use of or access to any third-party website, service, or content.